About Yankee Rino
Yankee Rino's goal is to celebrate America overall, city and suburb alike, and in particular, promote our own home state of Delaware. Our politics might be best described as militantly moderate. We try to be extremely un-extreme, with the simple goal of making millions of dollars and taking over the world.
Yankee Rino offers its own original content around the following themes:
- Regional. We bring you local analysis and promote local businesses in the tri-state area.
- Policy. Our centrist look at American politics. If you aren't into preaching, skip it. We have our own online budget tool that lets you examine not only the federal budget
but key state budgets. We have a financial simulator that lets you see the financial effects of various policy proposals. And, we have a few slideshows and essays.
- History. We love history.
- Fiction. We explore fiction for fiction's sake. Our fiction is "message free". If you want a good preaching, check our policy section.
- Technology. We like the sciences and technology. We like to do things ourselves and explore ourselves and this is where we share some of that.
- Downloads. Once in a great while, we'll actually write some cool app that you can download. The apps that are there are not cool, but you can still download them.
Eventually we'll probably add a store and a militia section, encouraging our fellow RINOs to buy our stuff and join our militia and wear sharp looking suits and uniforms
and carry guns and freak people about by screaming such slogans as "jesus doesn't balance budgets, accountants do", "planting trees doesn't create jobs", and other slogans
designed to irritate the lifelong activists on either side who would save us from ourselves.
We do have a few tricks up our sleeve.
- Fast architecture. Our server side engine is written in 64 bit C++.
- Ease of Use. We don't make you flip pages just to get clicks. We let the browser do the scrolling.
- Less advertising per page. Too much advertising is a huge distration.
- Smaller masthead. Yankee Rino has a super thin masthead to make more room for content.
We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yankee Rino runs best on the latest Google Chrome, FireFox, Apple Safari, and also supports Internet Explorer 9.
Once upon a time, we were mightyware. No one could spell it, we don't like the name, and we're more than software anyway.